This document governs your access to the FlightAware web site. The FlightAware web site is only available to you on the condition that you understand and agree to all terms and disclosures presented on this page. This document is subject to regular change; please view regularly.
Your Obligations To FlightAware
- You will not disguise the origin of your connection to the FlightAware web site.
- You will not provide false or inaccurate information to the FlightAware web site.
- You will not use the FlightAware web site for the purpose of conducting illegal activity.
- You will not abuse the FlightAware web site with spam, including self-promotion, in any user contributed content.
- You will not access the FlightAware web site in any way that intentionally affects or significantly negatively impacts the performance or reliability of the FlightAware web site.
- With the exception of FlightXML, you will only access the FlightAware web site with an interactive web browser and not with any program, collection agent, or "robot" for the purpose of automated retrieval of content.
- You will not use the FlightAware web site for any aviation, commercial, operational, law enforcement, or judicial activity that relies on the availability, validity, or accuracy of FlightAware data.
- You acknowledge that any ideas, concepts, techniques, ("suggestions") for new or existing services submitted to FlightAware or discussed on the FlightAware Discussions forums are not confidential or proprietary. FlightAware will have an unrestricted, irrevocable, world-wide, royalty free right to use, disseminate, display, distribute, and exploit any suggestions.
- You grant FlightAware a worldwide, royalty-free, unlimited, irrevocable license to use, transmit, distribute, and sell any submitted photography or media content You acknowledge that the owner of any submitted content continues to retain ownership to the submitted content.
- You acknowledge that any photos or media submitted must not infringe on the trademark, copyright, or patent rights of any third property.
- Any intellectual property or content associated with FlightAware is the sole property of FlightAware. With the exception of data retrieved through the FlightXML service, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, lease, loan, sell, or create creative derivative works of any FlightAware content.
FlightAware's Obligations To You
- FlightAware has the right to moderate any and all conversations, discussions, topics, posts, and images, in the discussion forums, photo system, or squawks section without prejudice.
- FlightAware may choose to refuse service, account privileges, or access to any individual at any time without explanation or justification.
- FlightAware makes no representations about the results to be obtained from using FlightAware. Any use is at your own risk. The FlightAware web site is provided exclusively on an "as is" basis. FlightAware disclaims any and all warranties, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of third parties' rights, and fitness for any purpose. FlightAware make no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, security, or timeliness of the content, information, or services provided on or through the use of FlightAware. No information obtained by you from FlightAware shall create any warranty not expressly stated by FlightAware in this document.
Patent and Trademark Notice
Last Updated: November 3, 2017
- Aspects of the FlightAware web site are covered by one or more of the following FlightAware patents: U.S. Patent No. 7,786,899; U.S. Patent No. 7,907,067; U.S. Patent No. 8,160,759; U.S. Patent No. 8,165,809; U.S. Patent No. 8,214,144; U.S. Patent No. 8,296,281; U.S. Patent No. 8,332,136; U.S. Patent No. 8,497,803 U.S. Patent No. 8,606,508; U.S. Patent No. 8,958,931; and U.S. Patent No. 8,963,776
- FlightAware®, FlightAware.com™, AirportAware®, FuelAware®, WeatherAware™, MiseryMap™, FlightFeeder®, PiAware™, HyperFeed™, FBO ToolBox™, FlightXML™, and the FlightAware logos are all trademarks of FlightAware, LLC. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.