Position is at FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX
We are looking for an experienced designer to join our team. This individual will design and develop on-screen presentation material to support new business and business development initiatives as well as work with the rest of the design team on our suite of web products and applications.
The qualifying candidate will be extremely organized, have a critical eye for detail with an emphasis on accuracy, quality and sophistication, high-level of proficiency in presentation and design software, feel comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, taking and incorporating feedback from other stakeholders, and always be ready and excited to learn and grow.
This will be a full-time position based in our headquarters office in Houston, Texas (Greenway Plaza).
- Develop new and update existing materials for internal and external presentations, marketing materials and software products.
- Translate text-heavy information and data into compelling visual concepts that best support targeted business objectives.
- Maintain version control for decks spanning multiple teams or people, as well as create and manage design archive for presentations.
- Expertise in incorporating video (both animations and traditional) and audio into presentations.
- Work with the design team on the visual appearance of FlightAware's existing and upcoming digital products.
- Design solutions that align with FlightAware brand.
- Participate in every part of a project's design process: research and discovery, presenting findings, design, working closely with developers to execute, and testing and refining of the final product.
- Maintain awareness of current and evolving trends in design and contribute to the overall quality of company design.
- Attend required meetings and maintain open communication about project status.
- At least 3 years design (including presentations) experience in a corporate or agency setting
- A portfolio of past design work to show off
- Proficiency in Adobe CC and presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Slides)
- Strong communication, conceptual thinking, typography skills, and design skills
- Thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced, corporate environment
- Ability to solve problems using critical and creative thinking
- Able and willing to take constructive feedback
- Knowledge of responsive, adaptive and accessible design
- Managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment; same day turnarounds and tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain rationale behind design decisions
- Familiarity working within established brand standards
- Salary varies based on experience
- Matching 401(k)
- Health and dental insurance
- Performance-based bonuses
Send an email to email@example.com with the subject "Presentation/Visual Designer - FlightAware Headquarters - Houston, TX". Attach your resume and design sample(s) in online link form or PDF format.
FlightAware is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Must have current work authorization for any employer in the US and not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Our open positions are closed to agency/third-party submissions.